Being the first group to
present can be indeed challenging as we have lesser preparation time to plan and
design our presentation. Therefore, we decided to go with a simplicity
approach. Each slide will have ten to fifteen words for every item and the
presenter will have to elaborate on it. This presentation style is considerably
the first for me as I am used to designing the slides to have more words to
help elaborate and distribute the audience’s focus between the slides and me.
To make matter worse, we faced some technical problem with the projector and were
nearly not able to use our slides to aid our presentation. Thankfully, we
managed to switch to a room with a working projector.
For the record, presentation
had never been something enjoyable to me and given the heightened situation
above, it definitely brought my nervousness to a whole new level. I was surprised
that I managed to hide away my anxiety and delivered my presentation with a
smooth flow and maintaining eye contact. Although most of the feedback I got
were encouraging, I am slightly dissatisfied with my performance as I was using
some fillers and I did not transit to the next presenter. On top of that, I was
also not able to project my voice out to the audience as much as I wanted to.
Overall, I am really proud
of myself to try this new presentation style and it had really boosted my
confidence in presenting to a bigger crowd when the attention is drawn towards
me. Although there are still some areas for me to work on, I understand that
this kind of presentation reflects the reality of how it is going to be in the society. With more practice, this new style would definitely help prepare
and develop my presentation skills in the future.
-----------------
-----------------
Commented on:
- Iskandar’s
Analytical Reflection on 29 Nov 2016
- Fazira’s Analytical
Reflection on 29 Nov 2016
- Masyita's Analytical
Reflection on 21 Nov 2016
- Jerry's Analytical
reflection on 21 Nov 2016
Thanks very much, Alcina, for this heart-felt analytical post. I'm glad you could go beyond your comfort zone, try something new, and excel!
ReplyDeleteAll the best in your future presentations!
Dear Brad,
ReplyDeleteGoing beyond my comfort zone was indeed scary but yet at the same time quite an enriching experience. Thanks again for the encouragements and kind feedbacks as always!
Warmest Regards,
Alcina.
Dear Alcina,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your presentation, I had learn a lot from you from the way you present. I felt that you were confident about your work yet remain approachable. All the best for the upcoming exam.
Dear Calvin,
DeleteThanks for the kind feedback, I'm glad you're able to learn something from my presentation. I will also be looking forward to learning from you as well. Let's work hard together.
Best Regards,
Alcina.
Hi Alcina,
ReplyDeleteI love your topic on review of the Park and Ride Scheme. In fact, I had not heard of the scheme until your team shared about it. I like the way you present your ideas and it clearly shows that you practiced diligently on your slides. I would like to say "Great Job Alcina!"
Isky
Dear Isky,
DeleteThanks for the encouraging words and feedback. It may be a pity that Park & Ride Scheme will be decommissioned wef 1st Dec 16. But well, old doors must close so that new ones can open right? Let's create such "new doors" together.
Best Regards,
Alcina.
Hi Alcina,
ReplyDeleteI was also used to making slides with many words! Though it was your first time designing slides with lesser words, you and your team have done a great job. During your presentation, you did not look nervous at all! Let's practice and improve our presentation skills together!
Dear Derrick,
DeleteThank you for the encouragement. I suppose most of us are very used to making slides with paragraphs of words (yet at the same time most of us dislike seeing such slides). I was really trying to calm myself down throughout the presentation, glad that I was able pull it off *sweats*. We can definitely learn from one another and improve together!
Best Regards,
Alcina.
Firstly, it was a pleasure working with you throughout this project. We have all made significant improvements to our communications skills and this project has provided us the opportunity to learn from each other through observing the our mistakes and strong points. This module is definitely a strong base for us to continue improving our communications skills.
ReplyDeleteDear Kevin,
DeleteTotally agree with you. This project really gives us the opportunity to communicate and plan with one another in view of all the other projects we had concurrently. We really need to coordinate and communicate effectively to find a suitable timing for the discussions. Even though we might not be in the same project group anymore, let's continue to improve.
Best Regards,
Alcina.
Hi Alcina!
ReplyDeleteA job well done for your presentation. Personally, I think you did very well. You were concise in your explanations and you managed to deliver it in a smooth and audible manner. It's heartening to know that you tried a new style during the presentation and find the positivity out of it. All the best for your future! ;)
Dear Masyita,
DeleteThanks for such a positive and encouraging feedback! At some point of time, we all have to try new things and I think that during this period is the best time to try new things. Possibly because right now we are "allowed" to make mistakes, learn from mistakes and definitely to improve on those mistakes!
Best Regards,
Alcina.