Subject: A brief self-introduction.
Dear Brad,
My name is Chen Xiuying, Alcina. I am currently pursuing my bachelor degree in Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering - Building Services (SIE-BS) at Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). I previously studied in Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP) and obtained my Diploma in Sustainable Urban Design& Engineering – Sustainable Technologies (SDE-ST).
My goal for studying in this SIT programme is to obtain the skills set required to contribute in making Singapore a sustainable and liveable city through careful planning and design. With that, I also hope to participate in the safeguarding efforts to ensure a clean and green environment for Singapore in the future.
My interests differ greatly from my goals above. I enjoy doing activities such as cooking, cycling and listening to music (alone or with my family). Family is very important to me and this includes my two lovely male cats which my family adopted from my neighbourhood when they were both kittens.
Lastly, I would like to thank you for the time taken to read this email.
Yours Sincerely,
Alcina Chen (Ms)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commented on:
- Masyita's formal email on 18 Sep 16, 1000 am.
- Ahmad's formal email on 17 Sep 16, 1100 pm.
- Derrick's formal email on 15 Sep 16, 1000 am.
This is a very fine letter, Alcina. It's clear, concise and informative. It is also appropriately formatted. That you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the feedback Brad!
DeleteBrad you missed out on your typo in your reply !
DeleteYep, lol....
DeleteHey Alcina,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing with us and i cant help but be happy to know someone like cats too! I am a cat lover as well but i do not own one.
Your post is well written and straight forward!
Hey Mingkang, thanks for the feedback and letting me know that you like cats as well!! Lets spread the love for cats, cheers!
ReplyDeleteDear Alcina, thanks for the concise and straightforward introduction. I enjoyed reading your email as you managed to keep it short despite the elaboration, which made it easy for me to read. It was nice to know that your goal for studying in your course is to make Singapore a better place in the future! I hope that upon gradation, we will be able to contribute what we have learned in school to both the Building Services and Land Transport industries.
ReplyDeleteHey Derrick, thanks for the kind feedback!
Delete